Today I am going to write about one of the most representative paintings of the Cubist movement. The piece I am referring to is Guernica, created by the Spanish painter Pablo Picasso. Its composition is mostly dark, dynamic and non-realistic. This painting represents the horrors of war and the deep impact and sorrow the people from Guernica felt when bombed.
My feelings towards Guernica are a complex mix of anguish and astonishment. It is really depressing that, for this painting to exist, there had to be such an horrendous event. Nevertheless, I feel pretty impressed by Picasso's capability to recreate the bombing. Every character in the artwork seems incredibly human and each one of them represents an unique feeling. For instance, the bull we see at the left is a symbol of Spain, the country where those events happened, and the woman right beneath it is the vivid image of a mother crying due to her child's loss.
To conclude, I would like to say that Picasso is one of my favourite artists and his ability to shape feelings seems amazing to me.

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario